Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Small Town Business

When I was in High School back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, I regularly sat in the library with Arnie Juelfs before school and read the newspaper and discussed world events.  Since Arnie graduated I think I have seen him in person one time prior to today.  Two or 3 years ago he found me on Facebook and friended me.

Arnie runs a coffee shop, The Village Kaffeehaus in the Village of Maeytown in Monroe County.  Arnie is semi-retired and roasts his on coffee.  Just like old times, we sat and caught up on our lives a little bit and discussed events of the day.  The difference is we had fresh roasted coffee which was wonderful.  Arnie roast coffee while you wait, or you can order ahead and it will be ready when you get there.  I bought a half pound and it made my truck smell like a coffe shop as I drove home.  Many small towns have treasures like this.  I hope readers will stop at some of them and see what they have to offer.

No comments: