Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Off

I went to the Prairieland Museum Show in Jacksonville with my dad. We met in Litchfield and I took him on a scenic tour. We drove past the Longwall subsided land in the area of Gillespie Country Club.

The show was much bigger than I remember from when we lived there. It was very crowded and lots of junk to see. The were serving a Ham and Bean Dinner and ran out before 1 o'clock. we were waiting in line when they ran out. We watched a bit of the Lawn Tractor pull and later the tractor parade and the antique tractor pull. An old friend won first place in his class. I said hi to him and I think he knew me, but we did not get to talk. On the way home I took Dad past Johnson Grain and Lowder elevator. I think he found that stuff interesting too. Lots of corn stored on the ground in Greenfield and Waverly, but I think I have seen both places have more than today.

It looks like harvest is about 80% complete over all in our area. Very few crops were in the field between Woodson and Franklin.

No comments: