Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bugs

So this is why I am blogging. I worked from Edwardsville to Virden , IL today. Saw cutworm damage in Edwardsville and Staunton. One field had enough damage to spray. The farmer had already treated his seed to protect against cutworms and was disappointed that he might need to do more. Soil was over moist, but not saturated in most areas. Virden area was wetter.

I can't believe I did not blog for 10 days, but the weather was pretty negative so i just chose to say nothing. Weather should be good and maybe we can get most of the corn planted this week. Some are looking to plant beans soon too. I was on my first planted bean field yesterday.

I noticed a fertilizer dealer who had a fungicide plot on wheat ground. That should make interesting results.

No comments: