Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weather and Crop Report Sept 4

I know they seem like an easy target, but I cannot help throwing in my opinion on the weather and crop report.  How can you say topsoil moisture is less than adequate with 3 plus inches of rain?  I worked in the field and everything probed easily.  The topsoil has plenty of moisture for  now.  We need more moisture to recharge the subsoil.  West Southwest Illinois says 34% of corn harvested.  That may be a fair number.  We seem to be a little behind that in the places I have been, but I have not been everywhere.  Yes there is still a little corn that has not reached maturity (black layer) maybe 12% is a good number.  41% of soybeans turning yellow in my area?  Could be an OK number. Between Shelbyville and Arcola that number was higher this weekend. 

No comments: