Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Weather and Crop Report

Looking over my Illinois weather and crop report it is difficult to dispute anything.  The possible exception is wheat planted.  At least in our area, I think 90% of the wheat is planted.  Yes there are always some dragging behind.  I find it hard to believe that our corn and soybean harvest is lagging behind 2010 a bit.  That number is not really significant. 

We had 2.5 inches of rain today and things in my immediate area look very wet.  I was at West Alton today and my customer said it only rain a tenth of an inch.  The lightening sent me home.  It seemed like every cloud no matter how small had a  little shower in it.  Topsoil moisture in the report is still 23% Short and very short. That is hard to believe, but the number is getting smaller. 

No comments: