Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Freeburg Town Square

I left home early as usual this morning.  I had some soil samples with me to mail.  When I got to my destination town of Freeburg, I started looking for the post office.  I did not find in the main drag (IL Rt 15) through town.  I did not find it on Main St.  I looked it up on my Droid and could easily see how to navigate to it.  I was surprised to find that it was located on the east side of the town square.  I never knew Freeburg had a town square.  I have been through town dozens of times and did not know there was a square.  It is a pretty little park with a flag and a World War I doughboy statue in the middle.  There were a few businesses and two churches on the square along with the post office and some residences.  Not exactly the center of commerce, but there was no trouble finding parking at the post office. Be sure and click to enlarge so you can see the statue. 


No comments: