Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Does Walmart Call this Service?

I went to Walmart in Litchfield tonight to pick up a few items on  my way home.  How is this Ag related?  Walmart is the largest food retailer and I was buying food.  Lines were long so I decided to use the self checkout.  That is what they want anyway.  I scanned 3 items and then some sweet cherries.  When I scanned my last item t would not scan.  The "Helper" came very to help.   She said the cherries did not have the right price on them.  I told her it was what the scanner put on.  She tried to correct it multiple times.  I told her that self checkout at Walmart is a lot of trouble and seldom works.  She said that management wants more people to use the self check out and that is why the lines are long.   She then told me that maybe I should have waited for a real checker.  Right after she told me I was doing what management wanted????  She then walked away without a word.  I stood there for several more minutes and she never came back, so I left my stuff at the checkout and told them rather loudly I was going somewhere where I could get service. 

I doubt that Mr. Sam would approve of this and I speculate that he is rolling in his grave. 

1 comment:

Ed Winkle said...

I am an anti Walmart shopper. Kroger is our grocery store. I have trouble getting good service at either one but more often it is lacking at Walmart. I can't get the scanners to work at Kroger either but they do have shorter lines here and keep things moving. I want US items, US food and both are getting hard to find, especially fresh, off season.