Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2018

GMO Labeling

As I was walking through the store this week the label on the "Simply Orange' brand of juice caught my eye.  It was labeled Non-GMO.  This is certainly not a lie, but very misleading labeling because there is no such thing as GMO oranges.  They are trying to get people to buy their product or pay extra for it because of a misleading statement.  I saw their TV ad  a few days later and they were touting their honesty.  I do not consider this an honest way to sell a product. 

Further thought has lead me to consider that we may be better off if this type of labeling was regulated.  In the past, I have said that consumers should educate themselves and buy accordingly.  I think it might be better to have consistent standards rather than let companies mislead their potential customers. 


1 comment:

Sonal Jain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.