Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rockbridge - Kemper - Enos

First the wetness report. From Hillsboro to Shipman this morning I did not see anywhere dry enough to work. First stop was SW of Rockbridge. Ground was grayed off and It sampled nicely. Probably could do fieldwork there this afternoon. Slightly North of Kemper was wetter. Still grayed off, but moisture soaked through bags in the toolbox. East of Rockbridge in the bottoms, it was grayed off but wet below the surface. At Enos, I sample 40 acres. It was really too wet, but it was the only thing I had to do in the area, so I did it.


This obstruction was redirecting the flow of Macoupin Creek. It needs to be removed, because it is causing some serious streambank erosion. In general I say don't mess around with streams. Channelization, and removing trees from the bank is usually a bad idea. Removing obstructions is OK.

No comments: