Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

One Day in Ten

I travelled to the Atlas Rockport area to sample.  Mainly it was the only place I knew would be dry enough.  From Hillsboro to Reeder fields looked very wet.  From Reeder to Kampsville they were not so bad.  From Mozier to Rockport, it looks like they might be able to work tomorrow.  Corn planted has not changed since I went that way Wednesday.  The soil was very damp but not saturated.  On the way home I saw someone running a rotary hoe north of Hillview to break a crust so corn can emerge.  It also aerates a bit.  I also saw someone spraying near White Hall.  Other than that, No field work going on because of wetness.

The last field I sampled is pictured below.  Corn is just emerging.  I get excited about seeing this.  The stand was fine, but a little yellow because of the cold and wet.  Still, I think I would like my corn in this condition rather than unplanted at this time of year. 

No comments: