Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Livingston Staunton Litchfield Carlinville

I had a lot of stops today.  I finished sampling 2 customers and worked on 2 others.  Corn was knee high on 2 fields I walked.  I was still able to use the 4 wheeler on other corn.  Ground is very wet because of around 3 inches of rain in the past few days.  One field was too wet to walk, but I did anyway because the corn was getting too big. 
 The view from the I-55 overpass north of Litchfield looks pretty promising despite the wet weather.  Soybeans are in the foreground and corn in the background.  I think corn and soybeans still have potential for an excellent crop despite the late planting.  Wet areas will be a drag on some yields.  Nitrogen may be an issue on corn especially if it was applied in the fall or in the spring without N-serve. 

No comments: