Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Long trip

I have written about my class, but not crop conditions between Hillsboro and Alma, WI.  Alma was my furthest point North.  Corn between Hillsboro and Springfield looks very wet with lots of denitrified spots.  Soybeans are not so bad so far, but that was before a weekend of rain.  Springfield to Bloomington, corn looks sort of OK.  It was planted later than ideal, but still a good looking crop.  North of Bloomington, there are some drowned looking spots, but overall not too bad.  Wisconsin corn looked ok, but a little late.  Some corn was still at the 4 leaf stage.  I have written that we still have potential for excellent yields, but that is slipping away in the south-central part of the state.  I think I have heard of more prevented plating than any of the past 3 years.

No comments: