Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankfulness

By Randy Darr - President - Soil-Right Consulting Services, Inc.  

October first of this year Soil-Right celebrated its 25th year in business.  My goodness that makes me feel old.  Over the last couple of months on the days when things were going well, I have had the chance to think back on the struggles of starting a business fresh out of college, the joys of success, the disappointments of failures, raising a family along with all of the other activities of living.  This evening I had the unfortunate task of attending the visitation for a long time client.  It wasn’t one of those tear jerking events of a person passing to the next life too soon.  It was a client in his 80’s who had lived a good life, raised a large family of good people.  He took a chance many years ago and started a machinery company.  Now it is one of the largest dealerships in the area.  His sons and grandsons are running the operation now along with their farm.

The reason I mention this is because 25 years ago Walt was the first client that I began working with that called me first.  I was green and hardly knew what a crop consultant was, but, he trusted me to help him.  I will always have a special appreciation for him and his family.  I am so thankful for the friendships that I have been able to make through this adventure of helping people get and keep their soil right.  I am most thankful for being in an industry where more often than not people care about each other.  Agriculture is the greatest industry in the world, where people care and friendships are long lasting.    

Carpe Diem,

Randy Darr, CPCC-I, TSP

No comments: