Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winter Meetings

Today seemed like the first day of winter for a lot of reasons.  One is that I was reviewing my continuing education for my certifications.  In the past year I have accumulated a lot of hours because of the Midwest Fruit IPM class I took.  In addition, I went to a number of other classes that are continueing education.  Some count and some do not.  I am looking ahead to this winter and what opportunities are out there.  I am sure one of the highlights of the winter meeting grind will be Farm Futures Summit in St. Louis.  I just got my notice of Illinois CCA meeting coming up.  I went last year and it was not too bad.  It is open to the public too.  Illinois Corn Soybean Classics are coming in January.  Topics have some appeal to me.  I need to register soon if I am going.  Illinois Soil Management Seminar is one I went to last year.  If you are a Livestock Manager with over 300 animal units, you need to attend one of these seminars around the state once in 3 years.  I am interested in the 2012 Specialty Growers Conference  on January 11-13, but can't  find a full agenda. 
Illinois Grape Growers is also coming up. I hope to see some of you at some of these meetings.  I will probably attend a few vendor meetings as well.

No comments: