- Monitoring runoff and nutrient loading is difficult and expensive.
- We don't always find the answers we think we will.
- A little phosphorous in your water can be a big problem.
- Controlling nutrient releases is not an exact science.
- Conservative use of fertilizer can have a positive impact on water quality.
- Watch out for unintended consequences.
- Guidelines are scarce for farmers or consultants who want to do monitoring in a practical way.
Sunday, December 6, 2015
What I Brought Home from the Nutrient Management and Edge of Field Conference
I looked at notes from Day 3 of the conference and found little new information. What I brought home was: