Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 3 in the Field

I spent 2 hours in the field this morning.  I still have some to sample, but it was still too wet and I did not want to tear up wheat.  I am still hoping for dry, but it was damp and rainy today.  I don't think it amounted to much.  I went to Carlinville and saw a floater fertilizer truck.  I thought maybe it was OK to spread fertilizer that way.  I also spotted someone delivering Anhydrous ammonia.  I am sure it was too wet to apply anhydrous for several reasons.  You are probably not getting the furrow closed properly.  You are no doubt causing undue compaction.  Patience is in order. 

The farm I worked on at Reno today had quail and pheasant in the CRP grassland.  This is usually too far south for pheasants, but I have seen them in another place in Bond County as well. 

No comments: