Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring season arrived today.

I went to Winchester today to do some sampling and help train a new consultant.  I was surprised at how dry the ground was.  I was not surprised to see a lot of nitrogen being applied.  Dry fertilizer was being applied.  Ground was being prepared for planting.  Everywhere the entire trip, there were signs of farmers in the field.  I got to Shipman around 7 PM to unload and there were still a few employee vehicles in the parking lot.  The ground I worked on probed well.  Even the heavy black ground was OK for the most part.  there was one wet spot about an acre in size. 

I also saw this post about Work in Shawneetown on my facebook page. 

Corn Supply and planting intentions report made corn prices go through the roof.  Will favorable field conditions put a damper on that? 

No comments: