Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fourth Anniversary

Today I am celebrating the fourth anniversary of my blog.  I am grateful for readers new and old.  I blogged in virtual anonymity for the better part of 3 of those years.  Last year I started posting the link to my blog on Twitter and it took off.  I appreciate Twitter.  I also appreciate Agriculture.com for their recognition and for posting links from time to time.  Their contribution to my success as a blogger is huge.  That means they bring in readers.  Most of all, thanks to all of you who check in every day or from time to time.  It inspires me to know that others are interested in my activities and opinions.

As for today.  I was in the Illinois River bottoms in Scott County today.  Soils are still fairly dry there.  They missed a 2 inch rain that we had.  Today was a good day for harvest.  I saw lots of combines in the field today.  Some are starting on fall tillage as well..  A few fields of early soybeans are harvested, but mostly it is corn. 

1 comment:

Matt Bogard said...

Really enjoy your blog. Takes me back to my days of crop scouting and GPS mapping some time ago. Although your doing a lot more than that! I really miss being in the field. I went to college to study agronomy so I wouldnt end up in an office all day! Things didnt turn out that way, but your blog is refreshing.