Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Planting Today

Planting Underway Today
Where have you been and what have you seen is always what my friends want to know.  I have had reports of corn planting underway, but this was the first planter I have seen in the field this spring.  The weather and soil are both good right now, but as I said last week it is still a big risk to plant right now.  The risk could pay off, but it could backfire.  I should have my meteorologist son give me the chances.  This was just northwest of Shipman in Macoupin County.

Other field work going on inf Macoupin, Madison Counties in Illinois and St. Charles County MO is tillage, spraying, and fertilizer application.  Soils were especially wet between Litchfield and Royal Lakes.  Other ground is dry enough to work.  I was seeing lots of planters out of the shed.  People are tuning them up before heading out.  

Had a good time yesterday with @JPlovescotton one of my twitter friends, ,but I will let her blog about that.  


No comments: