Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Harvest Report.Macoupin

One customer reported he started harvest at 23% moisture now down to 17%. I saw lots of combines going in the field. His yields are comparable to last year. 180 to 210 bu per acre over about 1000 acres harvested so far. Pretty good for mostly claypan and timber soils. The earliest planted soybeans I know of was April 24. They are still dropping leaves. I saw a nearby field that had dropped most of the leaves. I saw one combine running before 9AM so corn must be pretty dry. Tried to post a video of him tonight, but no luck.

I had a new customer today who tried out his variable rate controller. It worked perfectly. He loaded about 200 pounds of material extra and he had about one shovel full left. It was interesting riding with him and watching the equipment turn on and off as prescribed.

No comments: