Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Planting underway again

I sampled a hodgepodge of fields today that are small and scattered.  They do not lend themselves to extra help.  I started in Enos and the field seemed a little wet.  I took Rt 108 to the south side of greenfield and headed south to Rockbridge.  There were lots of planters in the field between Fayette Road and Rockbridge.  Someone was working in the field next to me at Rockbridge and the sprayer pulled into the field I was working in as I was finishing up.  I headed south of Macoupin Creek and sampled another rolling field.  People across the road were moving their planter into a field somewhere else.  I finished up along Rt 16 between Jerseyville and Southwestern HS.  The slopes were wet.  There were people tilling and planting nearby, but not a lot.  The bad news is that we have already had a shower and more on the way.  It is light so far.  I suspect it will slow down field work and more rain is in the forecast for Saturday. 

No comments: