Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Been all over

I have done a bit of sampling, delivered reports, delivered a VRT prescription, and taken my Archer field PDA to be repaired.  I also went to Champaign for training today.  I have been to Wet Alton, Carlinville, and Staunton.  In general harvest is progressing well.  Lots of corn is done and soybeans are getting done quickly.  Today, I spotted some corn stored in temporary storage.  At least in that area, corn yields are OK.  I saw some corn with small ears, and some soybeans that were just not tall enough to yield well. There were places where i would drive 2 to 5 miles ans everything was harvested.  Then there would be a block that was less than 50% harvested.  Not sure what caused that.  Ground is definitely dry enough for ripping if you have compaction issues. 

No comments: