Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Medora Again

I was in the same area as yesterday.  Yesterday the weather did not allow me to finish my work.  I think we had only 3/10 inch of rain today and in the corn stubble, it did not penetrate much.  The farm I was working on was a new one so I had to map it before sampling.  When I start out I look at key breaks and then try to figure out how to break the bigger areas into smaller sub areas to sample.  I did get all the major breaks mapped yesterday so I could subdivide with my GIS. 

Deer are moving around a lot with crops off.  That is a big safety issue in rural areas.  I hope the dampness has helped with the fire hazard.  I saw a burned combine with a lot of corn burned too.  Keep machinery as clean as possible and be careful about parking hot trucks in dry residue.

No comments: