Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weather and Crop Report

From time to time I have taken pot shots at the Illinois Weather and Crop reports, but for now the report appears to be consistent with the areas I have been.  I am in the West Southwest area and travel to the Southwest area. Corn Planting progress may be slightly over estimated in our area, but over all it is close.  We have certain spots that lag because of higher rainfall totals.  The last two reports, the planting progress has been reflected by the days suitable for field work.  We are low on suitable days.  I visited with a client today who has planted corn, but not sprayed weeds.  I traveled from Hillsboro to Mt. Olive to Staunton to Gillespie and back home through Litchfield.  Rainfall totals overnight were 1 to 1.5 inches of rain.  I doubt any field work will be done before rain falls again on Thursday.  Everyone is still planing to plant corn if they are not done.  We are looking at similar conditions to 2008 right now. 

No comments: