- Calmer's number one point was to maintain a positive attitude.
- He said that plant population and genetics go hand in hand. Almost all modern seed has the genetics to produce 300 bushel corn.
- He said to treat corn like a grass. He thinks that 12 inch corn rows may be just a step toward solid seeded corn.
- Calmer says that compaction control may be a key.
- He says that current ideal levels of soil fertility may be too low. He also stressed the need for regular soil testing.
- Calmer also said that residue management will be a key.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
6 Strategies To No-Till For 300 Bushels And Beyond
The title above was used for Marion Calmer's presentation at the National No-till Conference.