Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Do Animals have rights?

By Denise Maxwell - Technician for Soilright Consulting Services. 

My great grandfather was a teamster. He kept 4 horses to support the family by delivering milk, hauling timber, hitching with neighbors to harvest crops and transport the products of industry. I own, love and work horses. I am embarrassed to admit that I thought the education I received in upstate New York was excellent. Given this controversy over carriages I am sad and beginning to wonder how it is that city people, who rarely get to know another species, can claim an opinion and believe these activists.

Everyone who truly loves another species should rejoice in their existence and keep them in the community doing what they do be nature. It will be very hard to be human, much less humane, when the animals are gone. 


Shame New York City, your dogs and cats will be next and you will all become Vegan! 


 I posted this article on facebook yesterday.  It has more with more comment on the plan to ban carriages in Central Park. 



No comments: