Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Healthy Cookies?

I braved the winter storm yesterday to pick up something at the grocery store.  I happened to pass down the aisle with cookies.  The "Who Knew - Smart Cookies" caught my eye. They tout: no trans fats, no high fructose corn syrup, and a whopping 4 grams of whole grain.  I thought I would compare them to the "probably unhealthy" store brand.  Also on the shelf were Keebler Cookies.  I guess the "big" snow storm caused them to be out of Chips Ahoy.  The store brand was lower in calories at 140 and was lower in sugar and fat. It had 5 grams of fat.  The Smart Cookies had 150 calories per serving and 6 grams of fat.  The Keebler Cookies had 170 calories and 9 grams of fat.  None of them had any trans fat. 

So which one is really healthier?  When you read the labels they are all pretty similar.  I would buy my cookies based on taste or rice, not potential health benefits. Clickon the photos to look at the labels closer. 
Smart Cookies

Store Brand

Keebler


No comments: