Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ramsey - Vandalia

We took a little trip to a quilt shop in Ramsey today.  I know not really ag but it is rural lifestyle and time to lighten up from the technical stuff for a day.  There were a few people trucking grain, but farm activity is as close to a standstill as it gets.  There is still a little snow on the ground in fencerows.  We went to Vandalia to pick up last minute groceries.  I enjoyed the sunshine on my face as I waited in the parking lot. 

The Alpaca below was in a small pasture with about 10 Alpacas.  They were close to the fence when we drove by, but when we went back to take the picture this was the only one I could get.  It does serve to emphasize the opportunities for small and specialty farms.  Also note that this is the 400th post of my blog.

I would like to thank all my readers for your support and wish you all an outstanding Christmas Holiday.  My sons will be home sometime with us and for the first time ever, both as married men.  Next blog will be Sunday evening.

No comments: