Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Rainy Day Work

My rainy day work today was to finish installing Farmworks on a "new" computer and to install it on an old Archer Juniper that we wanted to upgrade.  I was not sure how hard it would be to bring the old Farmworks data over, but I did a backup on the old machine and a restore on the new machine and it worked fine.  I had to make a phone call for support on the mobile, but after about 6 minutes on hold, I got the problem fixed in less than a  minute.  Not too bad for phone support.  I took the Archer outside and tested it.  It worked fine.  We chose to upgrade to a new version of Farmworks rather than convert to Ag Leader SMS partly because of the data transfer issue.  I guess as we get into using it, we will figure out how bad the learning curve is on the new version. 

No comments: