Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

River bottoms again

Worked St. Charles County MO again today.  Lots of corn planted.  Still seeing planters in the field.  Sprayers were also running, spraying soybean ground mostly.  A lot of soybean ground is ready to plant, but people seem to be holding back.  There is no reason to get in a hurry. 

West of Gillespie, IL I saw someone baling large squares of alfalfa.  First cutting hay seldom looks this good.  It was cut on Friday, so it has had plenty of time to dry with no rain on it.  It was very green and looked wonderful.  It was cut early enough that is should be very high in nutrients as well.  If you have  a choice between cutting alfalfa and planting soybeans, I say cut alfalfa.

I suspect you all have noticed that evening posting is late.  This is our busiest time of year.  I am still shooting for a blog every day.  Thanks for coming to see what I have to say. 

No comments: