Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Musings

I had a septic tank investigation scheduled but the people building the house  were no-shows.  That is aggravating.

I worked in the Morrisonville area today.   Corn yields were not great but pretty good for a drought.

It seemed ironic to work for an hour or so with sprinkles coming down.  I was glad to get done in that area however and so was my client.  I finished about an  hour after the combine pulled out of the field.   I always like it when we are able to give such prompt service.  I came home in a deluge. my phone got soaked and was not working right.  It is drying in some rice right now.

My sample bags also got wet.  I have been spreading samples out on my picnic table and shipping them the next day.  This weekend is not so conducive to that.  The samples are on shelves with a fan blowing on them.  It will take a few days till they are dry.  

Corn has been very clean so far this fall.  No sneezing from mold.  Rain might change that.

In general soils have probed nicely so far.  I have been carrying a hammer and using a probe with a heavy handle.  I hope I am done with that now.  I have not had to use the hammer much anyway. 

No comments: