Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sampled North of Springfield Today

Field work begins in earnest this week.  Blogs will be posted later in the day except for an occasional rainy day.  I sampled one of my early customers today.  Soil Temperature at 4 inches was 40 degrees Fahrenheit.  Soil was frozen on the surface in the morning.

Field activity was limited, but I did see four anhydrous ammonia nurse tanks in transport.  I also saw someone field cultivating in the afternoon.  It looked a little wet, but I suspect lots of people will be moving in that area.  There are some wet spots.  A corn field next to Williamsville was covered with water.    

I got my Weather and Crop Report yesterday.  IASS is reporting that plating is behind last year.  Really there was nothing but weather information and wheat condition.  They reported Oats as 2% planted. 

No comments: