Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Small Town Hardware Store

I was working near Morrisonville today and needed some small items.  Lowe Hardware and Casey's were about the only choices.  I went into the hardware store and was greeted promptly by a friendly man who I suspect was the owner.  While he did not have what I was looking for, he made some suggestions.  This was an old fashioned small town hardware store that seemed to be well stocked.  They had an old brass scale to sell nails by weight and many other antique looking fixtures.  The store seemed to be well stocked with hardware and plumbing supplies and even had a good supply of small kitchen appliances.  The small town retailers need our support to keep the doors open.  I like the big stores that carry everything too, but it is hard to beat the convenience of shopping just down the street.  I am sure the service is great in this store as well.  Today I salute the small town retailers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also like the small stores because even they are small they can still produced useful products. Some hardware retailers have many stores sometimes big or small. By the way thank you for this information.