Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What is going on in the field today?

My client was field cultivating to smooth out tile trenches.  Moisture seemed OK to do this, but I was using a wet tip on my soil probe because the dry tip was compacting the soil in the tube.

I had a report that anhydrous ammonia application is hot and heavy in Monroe County.  Suppliers   could not get it delivered fast enough. 

I expect field activity to pick up daily until we get some rain, but nobody seems to be in a hurry to plant.  I did see one planter out of the shed.  It is hard to warm soil when it is frozen every morning.  Any corn planted in our area would have to sit in very cold soil for a while. 

2 comments:

Ed Schloz said...

What is the difference between a wet tip and a dry tip of a soil probe?

Dave Rahe said...

The taper of the tip inside and outside.