Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Farm Safety

As we move into harvest, farm accidents will increase.  Many of them are preventable at some level. I have done some stupid stuff and gotten by with it.  I have done some stupid stuff and broke machinery or worse yet hurt myself.  Josh Flint has written and article about the relationship between sleep deprivation and accidents.

I think it is only one of the contributors.  Big on the list is just being in a hurry.  You think you can cut corners to get done faster.  Not a good idea.  Stress contributes too.  The aggravation of a breakdown or a clog can get you to do things you shouldn't.  Make sure to set a good safety example for employees too.  They will follow your lead. Without getting to heavy here, I close with the famous words of Sargent Phil Esterhaus, "Be careful out there."

No comments: