Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

Harvest Survey Today

I made a 150 mile circuit through Greene, Macoupin, and Montgomery counties today to look deliver a Variable Rate Prescription.  I also drove a bit to see where customers are on harvest.  The only corn I saw harvested was one field of silage.  I know there are a few others started, but I would have to say less than 1% harvested if I was reporting.  I saw a good bit of mature corn with ears dropped, but it looks like producers are waiting for dry down before trying to harvest. 

Montgomery County annual yield survey results were published in the Journal-News.  This survey is usually pretty accurate  on a county wide basis.  I also ran across Emerson Nafziger's summary of the corn growing season in my Prairie Farmer update.  It is worth a read too.

No comments: