Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Harvest Progress

Illinois Weather and Crop Report shows 14% of corn harvested in the West Southwest.  I am not sure where that is.  In my area, it seems maybe 5% is harvested.  I am currently working on only two customers because others do not have complete fields harvested.  In the Southwest, 47% of corn is reported harvested.  I suppose that is possible but seems  high too. 

Many people are still short of moisture.  Only 305 of the state is reporting adequate topsoil moisture.  As we found out last year,short moisture can skew soil test results.  That is a reason to have soil tested frequently.

1 comment:

Ed Winkle said...

Harvest just started here, Dave. Bean yields are good in Ohio. Corn has barely been touched but early reports are very good. Fly free date is here so time to plant wheat, planted my first 50 acres. Expect beans 30-70 just above or below APH and corn 160, around APH.

Ed