Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Greenfield

It was a beautiful day in Central Illinois today.  Lots of field work was being done.  I am wiped out because most of what I sampled was already chisel plowed.  The last field I tried was not, but I put a corn stalk through an ATV tire and had to quit.  It was quite an adventure getting the Honda loaded with the left rear off of the rim. 

The sunny clear weather is great for the hawks and vultures. I tried a picture with no luck.


I did get a picture of a Track tractor with a disk chisel.  The interesting thing about it is that it is red and appeared to have John Deere Guidance system.  The question is why guidance with tillage tools.  Actually this is where it can pay off.  In a tractor cab it can be hard to see exactly where the machine you are pulling is tracking.  The guidance system cuts down on overlap saving power and fuel.  It pays off pretty fast.  It saves about 5%. 

No comments: