Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

We don't Rent Pigs

I drive past this sign fairly regularly and it caught my eye today for some reason.  It is one those things that raises more questions than it offers answers.  Do they have pigs?  Do people ask to rent them often?  What prompted this sign?  I looks like an add-on, but it also looks like it has been there for a while.  Roger DeWitt is an artist who uses agriculture as its subject matter. Check out his website http://www.rdewitt.com/  .

2 comments:

CrayZHorse said...

Watch the movie: "Lonesome Dove" and you will understand.

Anonymous said...

I have been married to the man for 38 years and that sign in some fashion has been at the end of our lane for 30 years. CrayzHorse is correct....Lonesome Dove explains it all...with an exception. Charles Goodnight's life is losely depicted in that movie...he was borned in Bunker Hill and is a distant relative as my mother was a Goodnight.