Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Farm Futures Summit 11-1

I just returned from the Farm Futures Summit in St. Louis MO.  As most of you know, I seldom comment on the business side of agriculture because my main expertise is on the technical side.  I guess you could say I did something that I advised in my blog on Monday.  I tried something new.  I am still not an expert on marketing and management, but I was certainly exposed to a bevvy of experts. 

Speakers I listened to were Dave Nanda, Todd Branson,, Willie Vogt, Mike Boehlje, Kelly Robertson, Darrell Dunteman, Barry Flinchbaugh, David Kohl, Bryce Knorr, Arlan Suderman, Kip Cullers, Bill Courser, Jerry Moss, Don Bennett, Joe Haartung and Frank Raasch.  One highlight of the conference was listening to a panel of the keynote speakers answer random questions moderated by the attendees after dinner.  Max Armstrong did a great job moderating.  I hope you picked up on the tweeted highlights.  While many of these speakers are well known in the agricultural world, it was the first time I had heard most of them. 

I will share highlights from some of the best speakers in subsequent blogs.

No comments: